Followers

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Planting Hula Hoop Petunias

When I picked up the mail was about 9:30.  Several of my friends were there.  It is at the post office where we meet.

I got my Hula hoop petunia seeds and prepared and prepared two 1206 trays.  The trays were at the shed.  I did them one at a time.

I put potting soil in the tray and then watered it.  I put more potting soil and watered again.  I did this one more time.  With my thumb I made a concave depression in each cell.
I used a tiny measuring spoon and put in a coated seed in each cell.  You can see each seed in the above cells.
I took them to the little garage green house and watered them with a mister.  They are on the heating mat. The sprinkler would wash the seeds away.   I covered them with the cookie sheets to prevent them from drying.  The mister is in the right corner.
The phlox is pretty.
This is the third tool that I found this spring.  I looked all over for this pipe wrench.  I left it on this tree basket last fall.
I planted potatoes.  I made a hole and put in the potato.  I made another hole and covered the potato. 
I did this all the way down the row.  I run water down the row.
I removed the weed barrier in the hoop garden.  I then dug out the weeds on each side.  We have had Blue Lake pole here beans each year.  I will do it again.
Looking through the hoop house from the other end.
I covered my carrots last winter with this seafoam to keep them from freezing.  I tied them together with this orange twine.  
I took two bundles of them to house three for the winter.
The asparagus has done really well.  There are three clumps that have been especially good.  I gave these to our neighbor, Ann Stephenson.

Tom Stephenson gave me these Mediterranean squash seeds over twenty years ago.  I don't know how long he had them before that.
I put a paper towel in a zip bag and put the seeds on top of the paper towel.  I then poured in some water.  It is a germination test.  If they germinate, I will plant them in the garden.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment