Followers

Friday, April 23, 2021

Weeds Begone

I walked out to house five to see how our plants are doing.

The potato plants ae doing extremely well.  At least it looks like it.  The vines are sixteen to eighteen inches tall.  I have no idea how they look below the soil.
There were a lot of corn stalks laying on the ground left over from last years corn.  I gathered it up and pile in on the compost pile.
This is the pile.  It is a section on the west end between the north and south gardens.
I started up the tractor.  The engine would not at full throttle.  The throttle lever sliding back.  I hooked a stretch cord to the throttle and the other end to wire on the tiller cover.  I was able to till at full speed.
I went up and down on the same row till as deep as it would go.  I will be planting two sweet corn varities.  Early Sungrow and Jubilee.
 I reset the tiller depth and went back and forth and dug up all of the weeds.  I used the shovel to dig up the large weeds and grasses.
I piled up more corn stalks and other weeds.
I tilled and raked up all the weeds on the south side of the shed.  I made a large pile next to the west fence.
I turned on the water to water the grape plants.  The pipe had frozen and broke in several pieces.  I cut it off and took it the patio.
Here you can see how the broken parts fit together.  I looked all over trying to find the two pieces.  I needed a tee and an ell.  I found the ell, but couldn't find the 3/4 tee.  I think I looked for over and hour.  I finally found one.  I glue the parts together and screwed in the hose bibs.
I glue the piece to the upright stub.  I will turn the water on in the morning.
There is a elder berry plant growing north of the shed.  I gave it a good drink

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment