Followers

Saturday, August 27, 2022

Removed Old Pea Vines

After I was up and dressed, I started the water running.  I had two hoses running on the front lawn and also on the east lawn.  After breakfast, I watched two of the woodworking shows.  As soon as they were over, I took care of the chickens.  They were out of water and food.  The water can was really dirty.  I sprayed it off with the hose and filled it with clean water.  The container holding the pellets contained a lot of dirt.  I got the shop vacuum and sucked out all of the dirt.  I then filled it nearly to the top.

I let the chickens back in.  They immediately began to eat and drink.  
I began to water the plants in the south garden.  The pepper plants are beginning to grow peppers.
There was three pieces of twine to keep the wind from blowing the corn over. I removed the twine and wound it around this device.
The cucumber plants are growing taller every day.  I tied them higher up the twine and added a couple more hooks and twine.  They need a drink.  I turned on the water.
I here is a photo of the cucumbers.
I looked over to the green giant bean plants.  There were hundreds of blossoms.  It looks like we may get a crop of beans.
I removed all of the welded wire that held the pea vine off the ground.  I rolled it up.  It is ready for next spring.
This is how it looked after removing the welded wire.  I dug up most of the tall/big weeds.  I then cut them down with my weed eater.  I got my pitch fork and removed the weeds and put them on the compost pile.  There were some weed left.  I got the weed eater cut the down to the dirt.
There was dirt everywhere.  I brought out two extension cords.  I blew away the dirt with my blower.   I didn't plan on doing that when I got up this morning.
Another surprise.  We went for a ride around town.  When we pulled onto the driveway,  Carol stopped the car to dead head the geraniums.  While doing that, she saw a monarch butterfly larva.  It is in the above photo.
I stepped into the flowers to get a picture.  I found another one on the same plant.  It's in the above photo.
After supper, I dug up a large puncture vine.  I think that it was for feet long.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment