Followers

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

The Good Rain

We had a nice rain yesterday and the ground in the garden was muddy wet.  As soon as we finished breakfast I walked through the garden.  Carol asked me to pick the tomatoes.

I picked a large pot full and went back to the garage to get another pot.  I filled it with tomatoes.  
I washed all of them and put them on a towel to dry.  Carol was going to wait until tomorrow to put them in the bottle.  
There is a nice batch of tomatoes.
Carol changed her mind.  We put the tomatoes in boiling water for a minute or two.  She was then able to pull off the skin.  We filled five-quart bottles with tomatoes.  We should be able to pick more tomatoes each week.
I dead headed the dahlia that is in the kidney.  The flowers are so heavy that the plant was leaning over to the north, I pounded in a short piece of conduit to hold them straight up.
The chicken watering can tipped over, and the chickens were pretty thirsty.  I dug a hole for half of a cement block.  The water can was too high without the hole.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment