Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Fixing Porch Light

I had the sprinklers on the back lawn all night.  As soon as I was dressed, I put on a small head lamp and walked out the front door and turned off the water.  After breakfast I watered some of the plants in the garden.   I turned on the sprinklers on the south end of the east lawn. I also watered the geraniums.   I spent the first part of the morning trying to print a picture for Carol.  I used about five sheets of photo paper and didn't get a good picture.  We went to Fillmore.  I got some electrical fixtures for the light on the back porch.  Carol let me off at Stuart electric.  I got a box of colored ink.  I walked across the street to the Fillmore Market and joined up with Carol.  When we got home I put the new ink into the printer.  I printed the photo on a sheet of paper.  I still didn't print right.  

I covered the light switches with duct tape to prevent anyone from turning the switch.  I then removed the old light fixtures.
I cleaned away the dirt.  I had to drill two holes for the white electrical box.  The first hole went through the mortar.  That was easy.  The other one was through the brick.  It was much harder.  I ruined two concrete bits.  I was a little over halfway.  I am getting two new bits tomorrow.   We had a nice rainstorm in the late afternoon.  The two buckets by the front door were filled with rainwater.  I have a pan on the patio to measure the water.  It looked as if there was two quarters of an inch of water. It was good for the garden.  Carol made some good spaghetti for super.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment