Followers

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Puncture Vine

After breakfast. I walked through the garden.  The melons and watermelons looked good.  I tied up more of the growth of the burpless cucumber.  I found weeds everywhere and hoed some of them out.  I went down the row of celebrity tomatoes on my hands and knees pulling the weeds up.  It was mainly redroot, mallow, and purslane.  I watered the tomato plants and the blue lake string beans.  There was puncture weeds throughout the garden, but most were on the north side of the garden.

There were more puncture vines growing by the road north of house three.  The above photo shows a vine that has runners that are about eighteen inches long.  Some were growing in the gravel in front of the truck.  I was on hands and knees digging them out with a pointed tool.  I would get the tool through the gravel and cut off the root.  I put them in a black nursery can.
I got a larger nursery can and also filled it full.
This is nursery can full of puncture weeds.  This is the second container I filled.  The ground was soft as I worked my way east, I used a shovel.

I saw one egg in the hen house.  I went in to get it and found a nest with five eggs.  All o the eggs were on the straw covered floor of the hen house. 

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment