Followers

Friday, August 26, 2022

Porch Light Fixed

I had all of the parts to finish installing the new light.

I attached the ground wire to the green screw.  It went quite well.  I hooked the black wire to the brass screw and then the white wire to the silver screw.  It took a couple of tries, but eventually I got it.  There were two screws that would hold the light fixture tight when screwed in tight.  The screws were too small.  I drove to Fillmore and got some screws the next size larger.  I came right home.  The screws fit but the head was too large to fit through the hole.  I was able to put the screw through the hole, I then tightered the screws.
I pushed the wiring into the box.  I screwed the light bolb into the fixture.  I removed the tape that covered the switch.  I turned the switch on.  Success, the light came on.
The green giant pea seeds are beginning to come up.
I picked four ears of corn.
Carol has been complaining about the weeds between the road and our yard.  I started up the lawnmower, set the height as high as it would go and then mowed all of the weeds.  They were mostly redroot and rag weeds.  
I cut as much of that as possible with the lawnmower and then finished with the weed eater.
I got most of these weed with the lawnmower.  I used the weed eater to cut the weeds where it was rocky, and the lawnmower couldn't reach them.  This picture is to the east.  Carol was pleased.
Carol asked me to clean the leaves and stuff.  I put back a little piece of weed barrier to keep the cats from pooping there.
I picked the dry Salvia Dorri blossoms.  I couldn't find any seeds.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment