Followers

Friday, July 3, 2020

Huge Earwig Catch

As soon as I was able to go outside this morning, I walked out to the garden.  Last night I put an earwig trap.
I was pleasantly surprised to see how many earwigs there was in the paper cereal bowl.   You can see the damaged potato plants.

Here is a closer look.  I am sure that there are hundreds of ear wigs.
I removed all of the hoses off the lawn in preparation for mowing the lawn.  I did a lot of trimming with my weed eater.  I trimmed around most of the trees and places where it is hard to get close with the lawnmower.
I dumped the clipping twice.  I put them north of the corn to cover the weeds that grow there.   crab grass.

We should be getting a water turn soon.  I wanted to fix the pipe opening for the asparagus and grape plants.  The water comes out of the edges in streams.
The arrow points to the point where most of the water escapes.
Two kittens taking a nap in the bucket of small rocks.

The kittens eating with one of the mother cats.  We call her Midnight.  She has a huge scab on the right side of her face. 

We drove to Fillmore where I got some things for repairing the water outlet by the asparagus  plants.  I cleaned it up and removed all of the old calking.
I took this part and another one to Roper's and they made a couple good suggestions.  I may get it fixed tomorrow.
I put out some more earwig bait by the potatoes.  It is covered with a black nursery can.
I fixed the the fertilizer spreader with those large hose clamps.  Also, i put green slime in the leaking tire.  It still leaks but much slower.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!





No comments:

Post a Comment