Followers

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Big Stool Mistake

I went out to water the lawn this morning, but everything looked pretty wet.  We had a good rain yesterday evening. 
Every morning the cats and kittens are on the back porch waiting to be fed.  It is hard to step out of the kitchen without stepping on one of the kittens. 
I finished one of the stacking stools yesterday.  I have not been able to build them scare.  It helped when I had opposite rails the same length.   I cut out the seat a little larger than needed.  I always put on my dark safety glass whenever I turn on the saw.  Because of the dark glasses I couldn't see the direction of blade and cut out s piece of the seat. I then carefully trimmed the edges down to size.  The one in the photo has a large seat.  I set the miter gage at ninety degrees to match the angle of the seat. 
It looked pretty bad.  You can see on the bottom edge.  I tried to fix it using a router.  That didn't work.  I used my cordless circular saw.  It looked worse.  I then nibbled away the ugly part on the table saw making a rabbit. 


I cut out a piece of wood the same size as the rabbit.  The glue and pinned it into place.

I did the same for the other two sides.  The fourth side is for tomorrow.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment