Followers

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Earwigs & Hanging Tomato Plants

I was up a little earlier this morning.  The fan in the window was on low and the house temperature was sixty-five.  I turned on the furnace.  I turned it off at sixty-nine.  After breakfast I watched some news and then went out to check the earwig traps.  There were three paper cereal bowels holding equal amounts of vegetable oil and soy sauce.
To of the traps were buried in a hole with the top edge even with the surface of the ground.
Much of the work today was to hang the tomato plants.  I had to drive in four poles into the ground.   The pole is made out of pipe and an eight foot 2x2.   I put the last on in today.  One of them was leaning to the south.  I pulled it out and moved it about two inches and drove them back into the ground.  It looked much better.  I put in the last piece of black pipe.  It was about ten feet long.   It wouldn't fit the forks at the top.  I took it back down and it fit okay when on the ground.  I put it up one more time and with a little bit of twisting it fell into place.
Carol came out and we looked at the dahlias.  One of the flowers had sort of fell over.  I tied it together with garden twine.  The roots were disturbed so I watered the dahlias again.  The plant is the yellow one on the left side of the photo.
A surprise is this tomato that I call a cherry banana.  I saved a few seeds from last year and so far I got one plant.
This bowl is adjacent to a badly damaged Crimson Sweet watermelon plant.  Some earwigs were caught.
Here it is covered with a #5 nursery can.
My zucchini plants were eaten up by something.  I put a bowel to se what i could get.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment