Followers

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Pulled the Beets

First was breakfast, then cleaning, and then picking the beets.
The beets in the raised bed were getting quite large and inhibited the growth of the ever bearing strawberries.   I pulled all of them.  I cut off all the tops.  The tops went into one tub and the beets went into another.  I cleaned them on the lawn north of the back porch.  I sprayed them trigger sprayer.

We took a tote full of beets and then took our trash out to the dump.
The blue lake bush beans are coming up.  I hope that we don't have problems with the earwigs.  I was going spray them this evening, but I for got. 
After lunch I filled up the back pack sprayer.   I sprayed everything  with Round-up that was west of the dalhais and east of the fence.  There were a lot of puncture weeds and some were pretty big.   I cut them off at the roots and put them in the bucket. 
I cut all of the weeds between the shed and the grape vines.   I had to remove pieces of concrete before I could dig them out.   Most of the weeds wee the wild lettuce.  I put them near the water meter. 
I cut this kohlrabi and cut off all of the leaves.  I also, cut a large broccoli plant.  Both are in the fridge.
 I hung more tomato plants in the south garden.  The horizontal wire sagged so that all of the tomatoes were hanging loose.  I put an eight foot brace to hold the wire up.  It seemed to bow a little.
I put stick under it to keep it from sinking in the ground.
I attached a small board at the bow and put a couple of screws in it.
I found this eight foot board which had a long several splits on the top end.  I glued them together and held it tight with a couple of clamps.
More bait for the earwig in the dahlias.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment