Followers

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

The Weekend

I setup the trailing sprinkler Sunday morning.  I checked it several times during the morning.  After it got part way, I pulled the hose further to the north.  I put the stop near the north end of the lawn.  It stopped.  That evening I turned off the water.

Melissa and Derik came for a Saturday and Sunday visit.  They brought with them foot, bags of toilet paper, cookies and candy.   She made a Lot of French fries. fry sauce and scones.  She also brought honey butter. That was our lunch.  The were some other things also.  Melissa cooked Saturday supper.  She had much more food than we could eat.

We had our Sunday services which started with the sacrament and ended with fifty minute video about the Book of Mormon.

She cooked Sunday which consisted of roasted chicken, rice, potatoes.  Soup left over from Saturday afternoon.

Here is a fuzzy photo of Sunday dinner.
We went outside and got some photoes.
I got this funny selfie trying to get  the above photo of Melissa and Derik.
d
Before it was dark I covered all of the bush beans with PVC pieces and plastic cups.  Hoping to protect them from the earwigs.   After dark I went out with a flashlight and found earwigs on the bean plants.  I crushed them buy pushing them into the ground with my finger.  Some got away.
Monday morning I started to pick the sweet corn.  I picked all of the later corn variety.  It took three buckets.
It didn't take long to shuck them.  There were a lot of earwigs in the buckets.
It took a lot longer to blanch and cut the corn off cob.  We packed it into three freezer zip bags, and put them in the garage freezer.
This afternoon I finished the stool that i started Saturday.
A photo of the inside of the stool.  I am trying to make a stool quickly and that all parts are seamless.
This afternoon I put fertilizer on the west lawn.
I hooked up the trailing sprinkler on the west lawn.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment