Followers

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Hanging Burpless Cucumbers

Tuesday Morning
I put earwig bait in Carol's dahlias last night.  When I checked it this morning the cereal dish was full of earwigs.  They are hard to see because the soy sauce is the same color as the black earwigs.
It took me most of the morning to hang the burpless cucumbers.  I stretched wire from the west post to the east post.  I used three different kinds of wire.  I tied a short piece of tie wire mid way up the most to a large spike I pounded into the ground.
I painted the orchard grass in the kidney with round-up.  It takes a week for it to die.   
The geraniums are not looking very healthy.  I mixed up a batch of fertilizer and watered it into the ground on both sides of the front porch.
Last fall I dug up two peonies and planted them west of house five.  Hemp plants were planted in the same area this spring.  Drip tape was installed to keep them watered.  But it was placed on the low side of the peonies.  I filled the sprinkler can full and watered both plants.
Broccoli is starting to form in the row south of the corn.
I had some black guck that i forced into the leak on the outlet that waters the asparagus and grape plants.  We may not get another water turn this year, but if we do it will be ready 
Last i place a bowl with vegetable oil and soy sauce to trap the earwigs.  Last night we caught a bowl full.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you.




No comments:

Post a Comment