Followers

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Weed Be Gone

Yesterday, I had a hose running in the raspberries for an hour to soften the soil.  There were a lot of wild lettuce growing.  They were easy to pull out of the wet soil.

I also dug out a lot of weeds on both sides of the grape plants south of the shed.
I piled the weeds in spaces where they were no raspberry plants. 
I planted corn a week ago today, Thursday.  I went out to plant some more, and saw that the corn had come up.
 I planted a new batch today.   I made some small holes with the shovel and planted three corn seeds.  I covered them with compost.  That was what I did last week.
I picked a few beans.  The red runner beans are blooming.

I took two photos.
 I was tryin to take the photos and go this selfie with my hand covering part of the camera opening.
I had the hardest time cutting this piece of plywood into a square.  I held it next to my framing square and it was out of square by 1/16 of an inch.  I watched a video to see how to make adjustments two the fence.  It was a little help.  I finally got it square.  I started with about thirteen inch nearly square.  I ended with a 11 and 1/16 sides. 
I cut down the hollyhocks and put them in one of the compost piles.  The seeds were following all over the place.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment