Followers

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Servicing the Lawn Mower

The trailing sprinkler finished with a little help from me and watered the west lawn.

Mowing the lawn was the number one thing that I wanted to do today.  I bought the lawn mower a in April two years ago.  I haven't ever changed the oil.  Each time when get the lawn mower out to mow the lawn, I think something like this: I will change the oil next time I mow.  Today, I decided to change the oil, replace oil filter, and clean the air filter. 

I looked at the manual and there were no instructions how to drain the oil and how much oil to add.  I went to You Tube, which is my fix it source.  I found one video that was quite long. But it showed me the exact things to do.  I watched short segments of it several time.  I pulled of the plug and put on a clear twelve inch hose.  I then had to turn the yellow valve counter clock wise one quarter turn.   The black oil began to run out.  I needed a pipe wrench to remove the oil filter.

We went to Fillmore to buy a filter and buy some groceries.  The auto parts store didn't have one.  So we got some gas and went to Penny's to buy the filter.

It was time for lunch so I didn't get much done on the lawn mower.  I put some gasoline in the add oil spout which washed out the old black oil.  I added the two quarts of new oil and tightened up the oil filter and the yellow valve.  I started to mow.  I checked for leaks.  It was leaking oil because I failed to tighten the yellow valve.  I tightened it up and mowed the front lawn and part of the back lawn.

I was having a hard time mowing around the honey suckle bush.  I stopped, and cut off a lot of branches with my electric chain saw.  I pulled all of the branches out to the street where I will put them on my truck.

I mowed the rest of the lawn, then the back lawn and then the west lawn.  I dumped the bags twice.  I did some trimming with my cordless trimmer.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment