Followers

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Asparagus is Fixed

I walked to the garden.  The earwig trap in the potatoes caught three earwigs.  The one in the dahlias hadn't caught any more.  I moved both to different locations.
I sprayed all of the cole plants to keep them free of cabbage loopers, or worms.  There were three rows of plants.  All but a few on the west end were healthy.

While I was outside, Carol answered the phone.  It was Chuck Tracy, the water master, telling her that we had a water turn at seven in the morning.  Yesterday, I bought supplies to control the water for the asparagus plants. 
I cut the rubber like material into seven or eight rectangular pieces.  I needed a hole to allow the water to run out.  I traced the outside of a two inch PVC pipe.  The cut through the side to get to the hole and cut out the circle.  I then glued them together alternating the cut from one side to the other. 
I trimmed each side on the table saw.  I had trouble getting the piece to fit tightly and in the right place.  I removed many time put it back into place.  I screwed it to the irrigation pipe and finally got it right. 

I put out some of the irrigation pipes for in the morning.
The flag has been up all day.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment