Followers

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Pruned Tomato Branches

As soon it was light, I turned off the sprinklers on the backyard lawn.  Then I started the trailing sprinkler.   Later after breakfast I went out to work and the sprinkler was slowly turning and only a little water coming out.  Someone turned on the water at the nursery.  I turn of the sprinkler.

 The trailing sprinkler stopped in the location this morning.
There were several rows of tomato plants that needed pruning.  The above photo is on the north side of the garden. 
I put another wire on the Burpless cucumbers.  I am training the branches to go horizontal.
There are a lot of wild lettuce in the orchard.  There are a lot of small rock there so difficult to dig them up.  I took a chair and a bypass pruner.  I pruned for a while and progress was pretty slow.  The I got the weed eater out to the orchard to cut down the wild lettuce before it went to seed.  The weed eater didn't have much power and would run for a few seconds.  I put the battery on a charger in the kitchen.

This evening after the battery was fully charged I cut down all of the lettuce weeds.  It didn't take very long.  Maybe about ten minutes.
 It is way past time to remove all of the pea vines with the trellis.   I pulled most of the vines off the trellis and began to roll it up.  I started with a tight roll and crawled as I rolled it.  I pulled off some of the vines as I went.  I didn't use the second roll.  I unrolled it on the lawn and then rolled it up in a tighter roll.  I used tie wire to keep it from unrolling.
 I put all of the vines on my compost pile.  Later I swept off all the leaves and dirt.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment