Followers

Friday, August 28, 2020

Veggie Juice

 Carol got everything ready yesterday for veggie juice.  tomatoes, onions, celery, peppers, and  parsley.   This morning we started making it.  We did that even before breakfast.

We ended up with ten quarts and one pint.   We got so busy with this I forgot to get some photos.    Carol prepared the tomatoes and I put everything else ins the food processor which turned it all in to juice, almost.  I cut the parsley into smaller pieces.  We put it all into one big kettle and boiled it until everything was soft.  

We had finished breakfast I picked the cucumbers.  After Carol washed them I took them to the post office.  There were five left when we brought the home tonight.

The someone rang the doorbell.  I went to the door and there was a package which was delivered by the UPS driver.  I opened the box and it was two Yard Enforcers.  It is a sprinkler device that turns on whenever a deer gets close.  I read the directions and then assembled all the parts.  It took four AA batteries.  

I had to go to Fillmore for a garden hose.  They had one heavy garden hose that I didn't like.  I bought some hose connection parts and used a hose that I had.  I put the first Yard Enforcer in the south garden. The water was turned on and it sprayed round and round.  Everything that I did, didn't help.  It was time for lunch.

I assembled the second one placed it in the north garden.  It worked, but wasn't consistent.   I messed around with it for a while.  Then I removed the battery pack from the first one and took it to the house.  It didn't work because I put one battery in backwards.  I put it in right and it worked.  The Yard Enforcer has a dial with four positions.  Off, Night, Day, and Day and Night.  When everything was working I turned the dial to night.  We will see if it keeps the deer away.  

We put the veggies into the pantry.
While doing that we emptied numerous bottles of snap beans and tomatoes.  We dumped them into this bucket.  I emptied the bucket on the compost pile.
The yard Enforcer in the north garden
and the one in the south garden.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment