Followers

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Yard Enforcer Worked

I went out as soon as it was light enough to see if there was any evidence of deer.  The sprayers thought that it was night.  I got sprayed several times.  When it was much lighter, I turned off the water.  I picked cucumbers in both gardens.  After Carol washed them, I took them to the post office.  About half of them were gone this evening.  

I was going to move one of the Enforcers north of the north garden to a spot between the north garden and the road because there were a lot of deer tracks there.  It seemed like the deer came from the north east.  I had a major problem.

A week ago or so the deer broke the trellis.  I worked part of the morning fixing it.  I got the horizontal wires put in to the right place.  

I went up to the well and shut off the water.  The tap that was there leaked a lot of water and I couldn't shut it off.  The hose was connected to the Enforcer.  I removed the hose and the tap.  The water was still running but there was not much pressure.   I replaced the old tap with a new one and then shut off the water. 

There is a ball valve in the rose bushes.  I cut away all of the roses so I could remove the broken valve.  I couldn't remove with the adjustable wrench.  I got a small pipe wrench to the the valve stem and was able to remove it.  There was low pressure running water.  
I wrapped it with Teflon tape and then screwed on the cap.  I went back to the well and turned on the water.  Great! Nothing leaked.
I moved this Enforcer to a spot between the road and the garden.  The soil was so hard, I couldn't get it into the ground.  I then moved it north of the cucumbers.  The ground there was wet.  I pushed it into the ground and hooked up the hose.  It is now working.
The dahlias are really pretty now.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment