Followers

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Planned and not Planned

 Saturday morning is my wood working TV time.  I picked about a dozen cucumbers and took them to the post office for Share the Crop, or something like that.  I decided to put out some fertilizer in the front yard east of the side walk. 

These evening primrose Oenothera macrocarpa were in full bloom when I walked out to get the fertilizer spreader.  A good photo opp. 

The fertilizer was in the garage across the road.  I bought it years ago.  It was in fifty pound bags and I stored it in the garage which was owned by the previous owner .  It is now about rock hard.  I put it on the driveway in front of our garage where I broke it in to smaller pieces.  
I then strained it in the spreader to remove the lumps.   I filled the spreader once and a half and then spread in both directions east of the sidewalk.
I watered most everything in the south garden.  I was sitting on a stool where i noticed an over ripe plum between my feet.  I thought that a bird had brought it here from the plum tree at the corner of my bedroom.  I was siting under the plum trees that I have never seen a plum on any of them.  I picked several and ate them.  They are sweet and tasted good.
I haven't cleaned our garage for many months.  I removed all of the sawdust that was in the saw housing.  I gathered the shavings from the thickness planer.  It took most of it out to the garden compost pile.  I opened the back door and the garage door and with my blower I blew it all out and onto the lawn west of the driveway.   There was too much light from the open door so then inside of the garage looks pretty dark.
The everbearing strawberries are doing a little better.  Next year there should be a lot.
A lady posted on Face Book a photo and wanted an identification.   It looked like the seedless Mulberry tree that we have in our back yard.  I and others posted back the identification.  That prompted me to cut off all the branches touching the ground.. 

I used pruners at first and then found an old electric hedge pruner that I bought at least thirty years ago.  They were a little rusted, but with WD-forty they worked a lot better than i thought.   I cut about twelve inches that were touching the ground. 

I started the trailing sprinkler this morning, but the water was being used for the hemp.  I shut it off and started it again this afternoon.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment