Followers

Monday, August 3, 2020

Sunday & Monday

Sunday 

We had a water turn this which started at seven.  The water didn't get at our ditch until 7:30.  I started watering on the east lawn and the west lawn.  Part of the morning I was watching water front, back, east and west.  It seems like I am constantly walking to all of the four areas.  This is the last irrigation for the summer.
It was quite light when we fed the cats.  There are seven kittens. 
 This insect was on the water pipes.  It was about 3/16's of an inch.   I think it is a weevil.  They have been in the house, in the garden, and in the yard.
The water has been running well and all of the sudden it slowed down and quit.  I drove up to the ditch.  The second screen was plugged and had stopped the water.  It was high enough to run into the our neighbor's pasture.
The high pipe in the south west corner was running over and the water was running in the hemp plants in the area.
I checked the ditch several times.  There was a dog under the pick-up parked there.  That was the only shade in that area.

Monday

I picked all of the large Burpless cucumbers.  Carol washed them and I took them to the post office.  They were all gone by this evening.
They are growing hemp in these large bags.
I added some wire for the grape plants.  I am training them to follow the wire.

I did some weeding in several areas of the garden.  I also pruned and tied up the tomato plants.  The bush bean plants are ready to transplant.  I transplanted one and covered it with a little shade.

I tried to water some of the things in the garden, but there was no water.  I assumed that they were watering the hemp plants.  This afternoon there was still no water.  I walked up to the well and it had been shut of at the well.  I got a hold of Shane.  He said that it would be alright to turn it back on.  I watered the suffering cucumber plants.

I sprayed the cabbage plants.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment