Followers

Monday, August 24, 2020

More Deer Damage

After breakfast I went out to the garden.  There were not many deer tracks.  I picked the cucumbers in the south garden.  I then to pick there.    The deer or a deer bent the center post part way to the west.  
I bent in back into a vertical position.   

I was working near the west fence where the rose bushes are.  I could hear water running.    I looked all over and finally saw pipe stem sticking up.  A ball valve some time ago froze and broke.  Some water was spraying out.  It wasn't a lot.  I got a heavy black pipe tried to push the lever up some.  There were so many rose branches and stems, that couldn't reach it.  The solution was the cut all the branches away.  I worked on it before and after lunch.  Shane was here pulling weeds.  He helped me move the third part of the heating bench that was in house two.  We put it on some blocks.  I will remove the welded wire tomorrow.
I pruned and trimmed and pruned some more.  I was able to move the branches out to the road with the pitch fork.
I got it all cleaned away.  I knelt on a board to keep from kneeling on thorns from the roses.  I could not turn the valve off.  To morrow I will buy a threaded cap.
 The deer are eating almost anything that is soft and tender.  It took a couple of big bites out of the perfect cucumber.

I had a little bit of welded wire left.  I made one more tunnel.  I put it some bean plants in the south garden.

This desert four o'clock has some nice evening blooms.  My smart phone camera has not been doing well today.

I covered the bush bean plants and then raked everything down to see if the deer come tonight.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment