Followers

Friday, December 4, 2020

Power Outage

 I woke up early this morning.  I looked at the clock and it was dark.  I remembered that their was to be a power outage.  It was really dark.  I walked carefully to the family room and turned on the battery operated light switch.  Carol was awake.    I left the light on and went back to bed.  Later I woke up and the clock was on. It wast a little after four.   I turned on my phone.   I reset the clock.  I looked out the window and the lights from house two were off.   The furnace in house two had been off for two to three hours.  I was afraid that the hemp plants were frozen.

After breakfast I walked out to house two.  The furnace was going, but blowing cold air.  I got my ladder to see if the piolet light was burning.  It was.  I turned off the switch that went to the furnace.  The furnace went off.  I turned it back on and still blowing cold air.  I went to the house for a few minutes and came back and turned the furnace back on.  There was nothing.

Carol had an appointment with her therapist at nine.  So we hurried to Fillmore.  On the way, I called Shane to have him and Dustin to come to Holden to fix the furnace.  I helped Carol out of the car and into the Revere building.  I left and called Shane again.  He was in St George.  I then drove back to Holden.  House two was warm.  I touched the heat exchangers and they were warm.  I then drove back to Fillmore.  I took two large lamp bulbs back.  I went into the Revere building and set by Carol where she was doing her therapy session.  We stopped at the Fillmore Market.  I bought a few groceries and came home.  I also filled the car with gas while there.

Dustin Smith and Tristen were working at the greenhouses.  I thought that he fixed the furnace, but he didn't.  It seemed to fix itself.

A fuzzy photo of the inside of house four where Dustin and Tristen planted new hemp plants.
There was a crew of people cutting down trees east of us and up the lane.  The above picture and the ones below shows some of what they were doing.  


Some old paper boxes attached to a power pole.  One for the Deseret News and the other for the Salt Lake Tribune.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment