Followers

Thursday, December 9, 2021

Fixed Printer

 

It was raining some when I got up.  I showered, and read another chapter from the scriptures.    I usually have a fried egg on toast, but the bread shrinks some in the toaster.  This morning I had a fried egg on bread instead of toast.  Soon after the first hour of news was over, we drove to Fillmore.  It was raining so we took the frontage road east of the freeway.  The freeway was really wet and the passing big trucks splashed water over the windshield, making it hard to see.  We went to the Fillmore Market for a few groceries.  Then we went to Steuart Electric for some ink for my HP printer.  The I took out the two old cartridges and easily put in the two new ones.  Carol got her prescription filled at the Service Drug Store and bought two boxes of chocolates.  We filled the car with gas.  There were only a couple of cars getting gas.  We drove to the Bishop's Storehouse for home storage items.  It was closed.  The posted sign said it would be open three to seven every Tuesday and Wednesday.

I put in the ink and after a few times trying to print from my laptop, I was successful.   I worked on this project most of the morning The next job was to print from the desk top computer in my bedroom.  Every time I tried there was a message that said, "not connected."  After several tries another message said to enter a key number found in printer.  There were two.  The first on which was shorter didn't work.  The second number worked.  After a few more tries, I was able to print.  I wanted to print the addresses of those that we sent Christmas card to last year.  There were two pages.  Finally, I was able to print on the label paper.  Tomorrow, we will add addresses and change those that have been changed, and remove some who have passed on.
It was raining and snowing outside so I shredded a lot of papers around the lap top computer.  There were a whole bunch of magazines and seed catalogs that were old.  I threw them away.  I have and Epson printer that I bought a couple of years ago that cost about $60.00.  It never worked.  I bought new ink and that didn't fix it.  After speaking with Dan Speakman at Stuart Electric, I decided to throw it away.  The picture above shows the empty space where it used to sit.
This evening the snow covered the dish that is on the house.  I went out three or four times to clean it off.  Now our TV reception is good again.  It has been good to have the rain and snow.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment