Followers

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Leaking Tap

I walked out to house five to see if the furnace had come on.  I couldn't tell.  The lowest temperature for the night was 37 degrees.  I checked several other times and the temps got warmer.  

There are a lot of root control bags.  I moved three of them over to my growing area.  The photo above shows the three bags for the radishes and two different basil seed.  I really soaked them well.
This tomato plant was growing right on the edge of the root control bag.  I dug it up and replanted in the center of the bag.  I didn't get much soil with the roots.  I watered it well several times during the day.  I had trouble tuning the water on and off.  The facet was damaged so that it would shut all the way off.  I looked all over for valve to put in front of the wand so I could turn it off there.  I found one, but it leaked so bad that it was getting my pants wet.  The next solution was to get a new faucet.  I found one in the garage.  Trying to find all of the parts I needed, I made six or so trips back to the garage.
I removed the old one.
Then put in the new one.  I turned it off and turned on the water valve in house two.  The new faucet worked perfectly.  I got three bags ready for basil, radishes, 
I spent the last part off the day moving the root control bags south of house six.  The photo shows the cart, two bags and the pile of potting soil.  I counted nearly 150 bags.  I think I moved about thirty of them. 
The temp has been set at 45 degrees. I changed it to a lower temperature.  I went out tonight (9:00) to check the temps.  The furnace had just turned on and the temp was 39 degrees.  I should sleep tonight without being concerned about house five.  I leave the water running in houses two, four, and six so pipes won't freeze.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment