Followers

Monday, April 25, 2022

Carrots are Planted

The water had run all night on the Green Arrow peas.  I shut the water off this morning.  I opened the east doors of house five.  There were a couple of letters at the post office.  I planted carrots this morning.  I raked the raised bed and then smooth it off.

I put the carrots in an old prescription bottle.  I drilled three small holes through the lid, which let the tiny seeds to pass through.   I put two pieces of half inch conduit across the bed and with the shaker I planted seeds between the conduits.   The I took the conduit on the right put it left the conduit that is on the left.  The seeds should be evenly distributed on the raised bed.  I did this until the whole bed was planted.
I covered morning glory starts with the aluminum cat food cans.  The square device in the above photo is smooth down the raised bed.  
I covered the seeds with a double layer of burlap.  I then gave it a good watering. 
After I watered, I put the conduit across the burlap to help hold it down.
I mowed the lawn and got mostly dry leaves.  I put the leaves on some compost piles.  The lawns have not been watered this year.
The tomato seeds I planted about two weeks ago are beginning to germinate. It was a little dark when I took this picture.
I have had this sprayer for a long time.  It's been in house three for years.  I got it from Clyde Heath.  I drove over TJ Bennett's house and asked him if he could fix it.  I was able to get it out of house three.  It was a struggle to do it alone.  It would been much easier if there was another person helping.  I left it one the lawn.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment