Followers

Friday, April 8, 2022

Dahlias

The bird feeder is empty and has been empty for over a week.  I don't like to keep it full because of the collar doves that eat a lot of it.  They also call all of their collar dove friends.  Notice in the right top corner of the picture one of our cats.

I found a colorful pot.  It would be perfect for a short dahlia.  The height of this variety is about sixteen inches.  I put to the back of the patio where it would be protected from freezing temperatures.  I didn't water it because I wanted the freshly cut tuber to heal.
I had one tuber the was cut extremely thin.  I planted it in the north garden by the climbing pole bean.  A short variety of dahlias was also planted there.  There is a large spike showing the plant location until it begins to grow.
I planted another short variety of dahlias in the kidney.  There is one stem showing up through the soil.
This is the dahlia garden.  I put most of the dahlia in this garden.  The irrigation drip lines are in view.
Every Friday I fertilize our plants in house five.  I fill a sprinkling can with water and extra large tablespoon of miracle grow.
The weeds around our trailer are getting tall.  I filled the backpack sprayer and sprayed the weeds.  I can't remember what I sprayed yesterday or a couple of days ago.  In a couple of weeks, I can tell and spray what I missed.
New weeds have germinated in the pomegranate tree of bush.  I adjusted the sprayer to a fine mist and lightly sprayed them.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment