Followers

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Several More Surpises

I put a plug in the broken piece of pipe yesterday.
I checked the plug and it seemed be pretty secure.    I walked out to the well and turn on the pump.  
I opened the gate valve and water begin to fill up the pipes.  I walked back to the garden and turned on water for the peas.  The water was flowing.
I didn't turn off this faucet and a large stream of water was running.  I shut it off and walked back to the well.
Everything looked good and the tank pressure was good.
The pipe at the head of the grape vines was broken and water was spraying all over.  It had a ball valve. It was easy to shut off the water.
After I shut off those faucets I figured that everything was going very well.  Jessen found me and said there was another broken pipe.   South of house six there was water spraying.  I shut off the water at the well.
I dug around the spot where water was running.  I took quite awhile.  I found the pipe and dug on all sides of it.  I then dug out more soil on the north side.  I got this board for a dry place to kneel.  I made several trips to the garage for tools.  I use a small garden trowel to remove soil that if couldn't get with the shovel.  I sawed off the broken piece with a small dove tail saw.  I glued on a piece of PVC pipe.  With a coupler on one end and a cap on the other end, I glued it all together.  
I back filled the soil around the pipe.
I found to ball valves in the hole that I dug.  One was too corroded so I threw that one away.  I was able to fix the other one.
Richard and Jessen are beginning to cut down this dead tree.  Richard is sawing and Jessen is pushing it to the north east.
Here lays a small tree.
A  larger tree is laying on the blue line.
The third tree which is smaller is about ready to come down.

 Carol and I went for a ride.  We drove to Salina, Utah, and filled the car with gas.  On the way we both guessed what the gas would cost.   My guess was $1.65 a gallon.  Carols guess was $1.85.  We
were both wrong.  It was $1.15 per gallon.  We each got a large ice cream cone and then drove around town for a while.  After we got home I turned on the pump.  Water was running.
I run it down the potatoes row.
I started water on the end of the row.
I planted Blue Lake pole beans on the north side of the hoop house.  the water is running down the north row.  Before I planted the south side of the hoop house I had to slide the base of it to the north.
I moved it about ten inches.  The two arrows show it.  I then planted beans one the south side of the hoop.
Water running on the south side of the hoops irrigating the new Blue Lake pole beans.

My brother, Paul, called.  His son Jake has covid-19 and is really sick.  He is at home.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment