Followers

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Eight Tomato Plants

I saw some strawberry plants yesterday.
It doesn't look to healthy.   I got this photo this morning.  am going to move it.  I don't know where.  There are a few more around.
I wanted to water my grape plants.  I removed the broken pipe and looked all over and finally found the right fitting.   I cut the one in half and inserted a tee.  Now there are two faucets where I can run two hose at the same time, or water two rows with out dragging the hose from one row to the other row.
I moved this bale of straw next to the raised bed of strawberry plants.
I got some Blue Lake bush beans to plant in the bale of straw.  I drilled four holes in the straw to  plant the beans. four seeds in each hole.  I drilled some more holes and soaked the bale with water.
One of the buried pipes has been leaking for years.  I dug down to find the leak.  I thought I would have to replace the compression coupler.  I cleaned away the mud and removed the leaking water.  I tightened the compression nut.  I did it several times.  It stopped the leak.  I filled the hole with soil.
I planted eight of these large tomato plants.
The basket is put over the tomato plant.  It looks pretty weird because the shadow of wire on the ground gives the appearance of more wire than there really is.
 
The tomato plants have been the greenhouse all of their lives and needed to be hardened.  Buy using two tree baskets and a piece of weed barrier, I can shield them from the harsh sun.  The second basket holds the weed barrier in place.
I have a lot of burlap.  It makes more sense to use the burlap.  A little light makes it way trough the burlap.
This shows all eight covers.  The one at the far left is hiding.
This doesn't show all of them.
There has been a slight leak in the irrigation pipe for years.  It is just one of those jobs I will take care of later on.  Today is the day.  I dug down to where the water was leaking from the pipe.  There was a compression coupler connect the pipe together.  I think that it was leaking years ago and I cut out the broken piece and put in the coupler.  I was able to turn it with a pipe wrench.  It still leaked some but not as much.  I tightened it some more.  About the third time that I tightened it, it stopped leaking water.
I dug up all of these weeds.   I hope to plant all summer squash plants in this row.
By the back porch is growing this shrup.  It looks like a snowball bush  But it isn't.
The Red Bud is really pretty.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment