Followers

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Rocking Chair


 Carol got out a thousand piece puzzle.  I turned over the parts while she put the edges together.
I went out to the patio.  I started on the rocker leg yesterday.  I got all of the corners off.  It was quite easy, but my turning tools were not sharp, therefore, the turnings were not very smooth.
I uncovered the carrots.   They looked really good.  I covered it with welded wire to keep the cats from using it for a potty.
I got the back piece to shape.  It needs a little more refinement.
I got out my saw blade sharpener to sharpen one of the chisels.  It helped me to make smoother cuts and cut a little faster.
I used several different styles of sandpaper.  I have a large sheet of sandpaper that we got while we were living in American Fork.
The spindle is nearly finished.

It took a lot of more work to finish.  I trimmed the top of the spindle.   I drilled a hole the chair back.  first with a small drill, and then with a little larger and then with a still larger bit.  I then continued to trim the top of the spindle until it stuck through the chair back about an inch.  Cut about an inch off the bottom of  the spindIe.  I put the belt sander on the work bench upside down.  It was much easier to trim the top of the spindle.   I then forced it into position.
  I applied some glue mixed saw dust.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment