Followers

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Shelf for Parts

We had a drawer where we keep our garments.  There were a lot of them that we don't wear anymore.  We disposed of them one of the recommended way.

We found one more book of photos.  I brought out most of the picture envelops.  Carol put the photos in the right envelop.  
I started with three sweet potatoes and ended up with one and it had only one shoot.  It was rooted when I cut it off.  I hope the mother potato will grow another one.
I found a jar of crook neck summer squash.  It is a jar of pretty old seeds. I put ten seeds in a zip bag with a piece of paper towel.  I poured in a little water and zipped it shut.   I am going to see if any of the seeds are viable.
I have been using one of Carols measuring tablespoon.  I drilled a hole through the golf ball and drove a screw through the hole into a short round stick.  I use it to compress the soil in a six pack before planting a seed.
I failed to drain the water out of the irrigation pipe last fall.  The end froze and broke.  I removed the broken part.  
I decide to make a shelf on the south end of the garage on the right side of the door. There a lot of pieces of wood leaning against that wall.  I took most of them outside and leaned them against the westside of the garage.
I have removed most of the wood.  The shelves that I am building will be against the south wall.
If I need any of them they are close by.


I worked most of the afternoon preparing a couple of boards for the sides of the shelves.  The were old dirty boards with a lot of character.    By now it was supper time.  I changed my mind and decided that I would move the one that is in the shed.  It was nearly eight feet tall.  I hope to bring it to the garage.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment