Followers

Friday, April 17, 2020

Working on Pedestal

I was anxious to see how well the putty set up during the night
Yesterday I puttied the holes and cracks on the top of this stool.
This morning after morning chores I sanded the putty.  It worked pretty good.
I put on more putty to fill in the places that were a little low.  I will sand it some more tomorrow.  
I have been calling it putty all of the time, but it is Elmer's Wood Filler.  It was almost like new when I opened up the container.
I also put putty on over the screws that held the rails to the legs.
Carol started this puzzle a couple of days ago.  She finished it this morning.
I pollenated this pomegranate with a cue tip.  It is right in the front of the bush.
Last night I glued two boards together to make the base of the pedestal.  When I checked it this morning one edge was a little higher than the other edge.  I cut it apart at the glue joint.  The two sides fit much better.  I put down some wax paper.  It keeps the wood from gluing to the work bench. I glued it together again.  I did some other things in the yard.  When I came back some time later I trimmed it just a little larger.  The saw blade that I was using doesn't make a smooth cut because of all the screws that I have cut into.  I took off the blade and put in another blade that has over twice the number of teeth.  It makes a very smooth cut.

I cut four small pieces and glued each to the four corners.  I used my brad nailer to hold them together while the glue set.  I did the final trimming which gave all of it a smooth edge.  Next I chamfered the edges.
I routed the stem of the pedestal.  Three sides went well, but the router split some of the wood near the top.  I glued it to the stem and used this small clamp to hold the splintered pieces until the glue is cured.  
I glued these two boards together at the edge.  It looks like what is called a book mark.
But one side was cut away from the top of the other side.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment