Followers

Friday, April 24, 2020

Onions & Corn

Shower, Scriptures, Breakfast, & News as usual.  We grow to the Fillmore Market every Friday morning.  We were the first customers in the store.  By the time we finished our shopping there were more customers.  When we got home I went out to the garden.  The first thing was to plant the onions that I bought yesterday.
The tiller worked quite well.
The row of potatoes to the right which were planted over a month ago were starting to come up.  I watered them for the first time earlier this week.  I tilled  the row for the onions.  The tiller started right up when I slid the choke and pulled the crank rope.  I went up and back two times.
There were a couple of asparagus plants that had new shoots.  I picked all of the asparagus that was ready.  Carol prepared them for me for lunch.
I used a rake to pull out the soil which left a farrow.  I got me a chair to sit on.  I cut off most of onion tops.  I removed the rubber band which held the bunch together.  I pulled the onions apart.  With dibble I made a hole for each onions.  They were planted about three inches apart.
I inserted an onion in each hole.  I pressed the soil around the onion and tried to keep it fairly straight up.  The two bunches of onions took most of the row.
I started running water down the row.
The above photo shows water at the end of the row.   We had lunch.
Not a good photo.  Carol finished the puzzle this morning.  After lunch we went out to the garden.
The sweet corn is ready to plant.  I made two more rows.  I planted the early corn half way up the rows and the later corn in the bottom half of the rows.
The water is running down the corn rows.
Another photo.
Still another row with the water.  Carol helped me with the corn. 
 This is a row before any water.  I made the hole with a garden trowel and Carol pulled the corn plant out of the six pack and put it near the hole.  Sometimes she would hand me the corn plant.
 It is finished.
I did all of the trimming- before I did the mowing.   I was able to mow faster because the trimming was done.
I finished the mowing.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment