Followers

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Weeds & Tool Rack

Wednesday is the day for washing our bath towels.
Most days Carol has a puzzle on the kitchen table.  The above puzzle was  a ship.  She got the easy part finished, but the sky colors were almost the same.
I finished the rocker yesterday.  I stained the one spindle this morning.  It looks pretty good.
I uncovered the peas.  They are a healthy bunch of peas.
I don't remember the name of this perennial.  It has pretty blue flowers.  I cut away the last years stems which are laying at the side.  There is a rose bush growing in front of it.  I dug it up.
I dug around it, but the roots went down pretty deep.  I got a pick to loosen up the soil.    I got a heavy shovel where I was able to cut through some of the roots.  
Success.  I got it out.  It is setting close to the shovel.
I backfilled.  Glad that it is gone.

I did quite a lot of weeding.  I dug most with a shovel.  I also, dug the sand bur with a stirrup hoe.
I got a good idea.  I decided to move the tools to the west side of the garage.  Then they would be close to the garden and I wouldn't have to go back to the east side of the garage for a tool.  I took all of the tools to the other side of the garage.  Then it dawned on me that it wasn't a very good idea.  One the east side they were sheltered from rain and sun.  On the west there is the weather and the hot afternoon sun. 
I didn't get a picture of the next thing I did.  I took the rack to the patio.  I was going to take it apart and put on thinner hooks.  All of the parts were held with four screws.  I took out four screws and I couldn't remove the piece.  It turned out that I glued each part to the 2x4.  I had to put it back together and move it back into place.  I then put thin hooks between each thick hook.  The thick hooks were made out of 2x4's.  The thin pieces were make out of a nine inch 1x1.  I screwed them into place.  That gave me nearly twice as many hooks.  The above photo shows the completed tool rack.
I have several shovels, hoes, rakes, etc.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment