Followers

Saturday, April 25, 2020

More Potatoes, New Seed Planting

I watched the Saturday morning wood working TV shows.  As soon as they were over I went to work preparing a row for more potatoes.
There are two rows of corn which we planted and watered yesterday.  To the left of them is the potato row.  I cut out all of the weeds.   I had cut the potatoes into planting size pieces a couple of days ago.
Tilled up and back two times.  And with a rake I pulled the soil out of it from both sides.  Carol helped me plant potatoes.   I made a small hole with the shovel and put the soil to the side.  Carol put a potato.  I made a new hole and covered the potato with the soil.  This continued until we finished the row.  We had a few potatoes left over.  I put them on the end of the onion row.  I went back and put a little more soil each potato.  Lastly, I stepped on each potato which compressed the soil on top of the potato.
I planted some potato in a round barrel type thing.  One of the potatoes is coming up.
The tractor has been stuck on the upper pad.  We couldn't drive it out.  The front wheels would spin and dug them deeper into the ground.  I got the truck and was driving it close to the tractor so we could pull it out.  Jim suggested that Jessen could use his four wheel drive truck.  I took our truck back.  Adam got Jessen's truck and pulled it out.
The front right tire was leaning tight to the edge of the tractor.  It was so tight that the wheel couldn't turn.
The guys have been harvesting the hemp all day.
After lunch, I sprayed the weeds in the orchard, on snail hill, and more west of the drive way.  I prepared to loads.  I used one pint of Round-up per load.
I did three loads.   I filled each back-pack tank with a solution and put the tank on the bench.  It made it easier to put in on my back.
 I planted one tray with Hale's Best cantaloupe, Topaz melon, crookneck squash, and Crimson Sweet watermelon.
The was some bailed straw posted on Face Book for free.  It was delivered and left on our driveway.  It was soaking wet and very heavy.  Some of the grain seeds were growing.
Just before supper I picked asparagus.  There was more than I thought.  I took it to the Masner's


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment