Followers

Monday, April 27, 2020

Cucumbers

Carol told Ann Stephenson to help herself to some rhubarb that is growing in our garden.  I wanted to pick it myself.  After breakfast I picked a nice batch.
Some are quite thin and the others of much larger.  Some of them have a nice red color.  I took them and a nice batch of asparagus.
I loaded the bail of straw that I got the other day on to the cart and wheeled it out to the compost pile.
I may move it and plant some Blue Lake Bush beans.  I can make a row on the outside of the bailing wire and put four plants on each side.
I planted four kinds of cucumbers.  Four six packs of Burpless cucumbers.  Four six packs of Orient Express.  Two six packs of Sweet Success cucumbers and two six packs of pickling  cucumbers.
 I put three seed in each cell.  The exceptions were two seeds when there were not enough seeds.
 I covered with potting soil and watered them down.
The sweet corn we planted had never been fertilize.  I put a heaping teaspoonful of Ammonia Nitrate between each plant.  I did both rows and then turned the water down to them.  Fertilizer dissolved and went into the root system.
I set up a trellis for the Green Arrow peas.  I pounded conduit in the ground at a slight angle.  I then put up the two foot welded wire and use tie wire to hold them to the conduit.   The peas should grow through the wire and the tendrils will connect to the wire.
Carol asked me to clean the pine needles and dig out the weeds under our Austrian pine tree.  She said that it was several days ago.  She told me something this morning which I thought was clean un the pine tree.
 Well I did it this morning.
This creeping barberry has many yellow blossoms, I couldn't resist taking a photo.

I planted gladiator seeds ten days ago.  They have been setting on a waterproof heating pad and are now beginning to germinate.  Three of the twenty-five seeds have poked up their tinny heads.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment