Followers

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Fillmore, Onions, & Strawberries

Carol needed to go to Fillmore to get some cash.  We went to The State Bank of Southern Utah.  I wanted to stop at the Fillmore Nursery for some onions.  While there I got the onions, bought some red Pontiac potatoes,  and eight ever bearing strawberries.
 Nice looking ever bearing strawberry plants.
Candy onions and Walla Walla onions.
I had water running on the raised bed.  The water did not soak in.  I stirred it in, in preparation for planting strawberries and red beats.  
I pulled up all of the strawberry plants that I received and planted April ten.  They looked when they came and they are still looking dead.
Here is the whole bunch minus a few that I didn't find.  I prepared an email to the nursery where I bought the plants.  I was going to request a refund for plants and postage.  I talked to them earlier this week and they wanted pictures.  I got the pictures, but couldn't attach them to the email.  I guess I will try again.
Jessen told me that there was another broken pipe leaking.  The water was spraying through a hair line crack.  I fixed this one yesterday.  I didn't cut it low enough.  There was still a little crack.  
I cut it again a little lower.  I found another plug and put on an extension.  Later I turned the water back on.  No leaks.
I planted the strawberry plants and this tray of red beats.  I hooked a water breaker to the hose and watered these, radishes, carrots, and more red beats.
The west view of the strawberry and red beat plants.  Some of our cats are using the bed for a toilet.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment