Followers

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Surprise & Solution

There are a couple of before and after photos.  The top of each pair is yesterday, and the bottom is today.
Yesterday I took the photo of the broken pipe.
I went to Fillmore to get some PVC fitting to fix them.  I got the wrong part and wasn't able to fix it.  Instead of making another trip to Fillmore, I found some pieces and was able to plug it. The next trip to Fillmore I will get the right piece.
The ball valve broke.  I could have unscrewed it, but I cut the pipe below the valve thinking that the pipe froze and broke.
I found a valve in a nursery tub that had a lot of parts. I could have screwed it on but I cut it off.  There were a couple of adapters that worked that I glued together

Carol answered the phone. Dan Speakman was on the other end.  The new TV that I ordered last week.  I drove to Fillmore.  I got some glue, Teflon tape and the needed PVC piece.  It was the wrong size.  I then picked up the TV.  It was a little smaller than the one that we have.  Before I got out of town, I turned around and took it back.  He was good about it.  I offered to pay a restocking fee.  He didn't need that and he reversed the credit card charge.
The three foot stem that held the facet broke off.  I think that it was hit when some trees were cut down.  I watched a bunch of videos that showed how to remove the piece of PVC in the tee could be removed.  None were very practical in this situation.  During the night a solution came.  I would make a plug.
I mounted the lathe on my work bench.  I found a short piece of pine that I could turn to fit the pipe.  The left end will go into the pipe.  It took a lot of turning and removing it then test it against the broken piece.
I coated it with pipe cement and pounded it in.  I left it there and will turn the water on in the morning.
This photo is a couple days old.  There were still  a couple of low places on the edges that need more putty.  I put on some more;
Carol finished this puzzle last night.

I took Shane, Adam, and Dustin for a tour of our yard.  I showed them how the irrigation water it distributed throughout our yard and all of the sources for well water.  There are hose bibs all over our yard.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment