Followers

Monday, April 6, 2020

Today we washed the sheets.  Carol started before breakfast and we finished after breakfast.  I say we because I helped her make the bed.
I wanted to moved the poultry wire in the chicken run all spring.  It has been to wet and muddy.  Today was a nice dry day.  The wire was twisted and there was a lot of dry and green grape vines growing through it.  I addition the were hog wires holding them together.  I used wire cutters and pruners to free the wire.
I think that it took a couple of hours.  Now I can gather the eggs without having to bend under the wires.  The above photo shows how much better it now looks.
I planted corn last week.  I had two packets of Blue Lake Pole beans.  I planned to plant two 1206 trays.  I filled a tray with potting soil and compressed the soil with my golf ball tool.
There was not enough seeds to plant two seeds in each tray let a lone three seeds that I wanted.  I guess I will be ordering more seeds.
Both trays of sweet corn are coming up.
I watched You Tube videos about French clefts and wanted to put one in the appliance garage to hold a vegetable cutter.  The appliance garage has to much stuff in it.    I redesigned it many times.  Took it out and put it back in several different places.  I went back and forth to garage to house and back to the garage to get tools and cut the wood differently.  After many tries I got it done.
Moving the compost from the road to the garden was another job I wanted to do.  After supper I started up the tractor with the intent to put the compost in the raised bed where I am planting strawberry plants.  I thought that I would get would bucket for the garden.
I ended up with about five loads.  I hope to move all of the compost by the road to the garden.



Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment