Followers

Monday, May 16, 2022

Potatoes & Sweet Corn

Monday morning is water all of the house plants and the hanging baskets outside.  I forgot and started breakfast.  Some of the garden plants are on the patio.  I watered them; they were really dry.  

I cut four big bunches of rhubarb.  I have been cutting off the stem close to the ground, and then cut off the big leaves.   I found it easier to cut off the leaves first.  That made it much easier to see the stems, which I cut off close to the ground.  
This plant is nearly cut away.  I cut off most of the leave the plant on the right. 
The tray is full of stems.  Some are short, some are long, and there are a lot which are thin.
I brought them into the house and separated them into four groups.  I went back out and cut a few more to make each group a little larger.  When it was time for the mail, I took them to the post office.
I planted the potatoes.  I cleaned a row for the potatoes last week.   At the beginning of the row, I dug a hole and put the soil to the side.  Several weeks ago, I cut potato tubers into small pieces leaving one of more eyes on each potato. I carefully put the potato tuber in the ground.  I dug new hole for the next tuber and used that soil to cover the previous tuber. I went down the row backwards until I got to the end.  I had enough tubers to finish the row.
This is the picture of the completed row.  One of out cats happened to walk past as I was taking the picture.
I want to fix my label printer.  I used to have a small keyboard that went with the printer.  There is a box of cords and old phones and old calculators in the shed.  I looked through the large tote.  I didn't find what I was looking for.  
Planting the Peaches and Cream sweet corn was the hardest thing I did today.  I need a wide row.  This was where I planted the corn last year.  I started on the east end and made thirty-six holes on the north side.  I cleaned out the hole with a garden trowel.  I then carefully removed the plant from the six pack.  I then went to the west end and worked my way to the front of the row. 
This is a close up-photo of the two rows of sweet corn.  I went back to the house for lunch and ate the rest of the casserole.  Carol put some milk in it which softened the noodles making it taste much better.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment