Followers

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Topaz Melons

I closed the east doors to greenhouse five.  This morning after breakfast and the morning news, I opened the doors.

The latest tray of tomato and pepper seeds I planted were all droopy.  The soil was moist.  I watered them.  When I came back later, they were looking good again.
This the photo of what is left of the rubber rabbit bush that I took out yesterday.
I should have planted the Topaz melons a couple of weeks ago.  I just remembered them today.  I filled the tray with potting soil and poured water on it.  I pressed a shallow hole in each cell, then I put four seeds in each cell.  I don't know how well they will germinate.
I covered seeds with more potting soil and then pressed the soil down with the palm of my hand.
This afternoon I dug up a lot of weeds in the garden.  This is where I plant to plant watermelons.  In the above photo are a type of milk weed.  They have to be dug up by the roots.  They get quite tall, and the seeds blow around like dandelion seeds.  The photo shows the roots.
Here is a photo the shows the flower.
These two pots were in the garden where I was digging weeds.  We had geraniums in them last year.  I pulled out all of the old roots and put them on the edge of the driveway.
I trimmed of all the yellow flowers with my Weed eater to keep them from producing seeds.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment