Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Planted Watermelon and Celebrity Tomatoes

This morning was a little colder.  The house temperature was 66 degrees.  I read from the Book of Mormon, fixed breakfast, and watched the morning news.  A little later, I began planting Crimson sweet watermelons and Celebrity tomato plants.  The photo below shows a watermelon plug.  I transplanted fourteen or fifteen plants in the row.  I have enough plants to plant three more rows.

There is a hole east of the south door of house six that has a PVC ball valve, where I could shut off the water.  I dug out a lot of mud, and found the valve, but I couldn't turn it.
The water has been leaking some.  There is a small ball valve that I turned off which should stop any leak.
She wanted a start from this bush that had yellow flowers.  I think it is a golden chain tree.  It had small black seeds from last year.  I got a some to see if I can grow them.
I called Alisha Bills about her chicken coup.  I suggested that the chickens should be cared for, for two weeks in the coup.  Then make a small door and let the chickens out during the day.  At night the chickens would come back into roost.  She could lock them up for the night.  She didn't want to do that.
I had her take this selfie.
I dug twenty-two holes and made them a little deeper with a garden trowel.  I then put two handfuls of horse pellets.  I did this last year, and the plants were really healthy.  I lost only one plant out of twenty-four.
This is the row of Celebrity tomato plants.  It is a little hard to see the plants.  There are twenty-two plants in the row.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment