Followers

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Irrigated Today

Our water turn started today at seven, that was what we were told.  I ate breakfast and put the last large piece of egg on toast into my mouth and was then in the truck up to the ditch.   Chuck, the water master, pulled in front of me and beat me to the ditch.  It was about ten minutes before the water was in our ditch.  I let the dirty water run into our neighbor's ditch until most of the junk had left the pipe.  I go up to the head ditch and let the water run down the Deardon ditch.  Back to our neighbor's ditch and capped it.


Now we were getting all of the water.  The above photo shows our ditch with relative clear water.  I had to back to the head ditch quite a few times to remove the leave, cones, sticks and other junk that was caught by the screens.  I started irrigating the east lawn and the west lawn at the same time.  I watered west of the front sidewalk then the back lawn.  I took a short break for lunch.  I finished our yard at 2:30.  I set down on a lawn chair several times to rest.   
I cut the seed heads off the rhubarb. 
I unscrewed the cap on this four-inch pipe that let the water into our neighbor's yard. 
I put away all of the pipes until our next water turn which may be in two weeks.   We then went to the Fillmore market for groceries.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment