Followers

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Pruned Big Austrian Pine

We have a snowball bush that is partially covered by large branches of the Austrian Pine tree.  We have talked about pruning those branches.  The house garbage bag was full.  After breakfast I put the all the garbage into the one big plastic bag and put it in the trunk of the car.

We drove out to the dump and put it in one of the big dumpsters.  I got a photo of one of them.  We went to the post office and mailed a birthday card.
Ann's geranium which has been in greenhouse five all winter is covered with pretty blooms.  I carried it to her house and put in on her front porch.  All her dogs were barking.  There were no vehicles there.  I decided to prune that pine tree.  I backed the truck onto the driveway close to the pine tree.  I cut of branches with my electric chain saw that I could reach.  I cut some of the larger branches into smaller piece so I could lift them into the truck.  I got a stepladder to be able to reach some of the higher branches.  I had Carol come out to see what I had done.  She suggested that I cut of one more large branch.  I had to cut it off in pieces.  I finally got it cut off and loaded in the truck.
I got the dump key and then went to the dump.  I was instructed to unload in front of the pit.  This I did and then drove back to the post office to leave the key.  After lunch, I raked up all of the pine needles and put them a compost pile.  
Sometimes there is a piece of furniture that I could fix, or a piece of wood that I could make something.  The small child's rocker was too far gone.
This is how the tree looked after I finished pruning.  
And this is how it looked after I had raked up all of the needles and dug up some of the weeds.  There were several Russian sage plants where I pruned off all the dead wood.  We had a pretty nice rain just as it was getting dark.  There was probably 1/16 of an inch of rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment