Followers

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Irrigation Day

I slept in this morning when I should have been getting up a little earlier.  I didn't have time to read from the Book of Mormon.  I did get three bowels of Old Fashion oatmeal mush made.  It took me about an hour to get the volume of water regulated.  Richard helped me yesterday getting the pipes out and adjusted.

There is a good stream of water running down the ditch.  Here I let the water run down the ditch while I went back to the south-west corner of our yard where I put on a cap on the pipe to keep the water from running into the neighbor's yard.  It was 2:30 this afternoon when I turned the water to her.  I slid the board on the left into the headgate which forced the water into the pipe that goes to our yard.
Here the water is running into an underground pipe that ends up in our yard.
Our yard slopes from the south-east to the north-west across our driveway.  It is impossible keep all of it on our lawn and garden.
This photo shows the end of the pipe that puts the water on the back yard and the lawn east of our house.
I forced the water east of the pipe onto part of the lawn that doesn't usually get watered.  The back lawn was finished.   I let the whole stream of water run on the orchard until our turn was over.
Leslie Peay, Carol's sister-in-law wants a apple poly roly recipe.  I scanned it an put it on Face Book.  At this point, I don't know if she has seen it.

It was a little after four this afternoon when we went to Fillmore to get a few groceries.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment