Followers

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Rhubarb

Another cold morning.  I have had an extra blanket on my bed for a couple of days.  I picked up the mail.  Carol had a package.  It was for Mother's Day from our daughter-in-law.  It was a pretty Willow piece titled Grandma.  The clothes dry quit working.  I called Adam Remkes who fixes appliances.  It was about twelve when he and his son, Jesson came.  It didn't take long to fix it.  They found one of my socks stuck in the dryer.   I cut down a lot of weeds and grasses while we were waiting for them to come.

I cut a whole bunch of rhubarb this evening.  I gave most of it to Ann Stephenson and I kept some for Carol to cook.  She cooked it for us.   

There is a lot off dandelion type weeds between the two compost piles.   I dug up each one.  In many places there were three or more in one cluster.
The above photo is part of the rhubarb patch where I harvested the rhubarb.  I got on my knees and cut off each stem with some clippers.
Here is a photo of another section of weeds that I dug up with my shovel.   I brought the plants on the back porch into the house because of the threat of freezing temperatures during the early morning.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment