Followers

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

New Chickens

I was up this morning at 5:15. I showered, shaved and then begin reading in the Book of Mormon.  I did the watering of the tubs and baskets.  Later, I watered all of the geraniums.  Breakfast was oatmeal mush and a boiled egg with relish and mayonnaise.  I started to remove all of the dried-up chicken manure from years ago.  I found the water tank and the feeder.  

I didn't take the chickens long to find the water and pellets.

We built a fence from the hen house and the garage.  Robert drove in three Teeposts.   One on each end and one in the middle.  Robert tied a fifteen-foot 2x4 to the posts.  We put up the welded wire and tied it to the post with tie wire.  
This is how it looked when finished.
Another photo of the chickens.  The bail of straw easily covered the floor of the hen house.  The chickens are scratching it around the floor of the hen house.
This is the pellet feeder.  The hen house has two rooms.  The room on the west has the roosts and acess to the nest.  The room on the east has the pellet feeder and the water can.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment