Followers

Friday, July 22, 2022

Strange Chicken

When I got up this morning, I did my usual activities.  As soon as it was light, I started watering.  I wanted to know how the chickens made it through the night.  

Most of the chickens were on the roof of the hen house.  There were a couple of them in the hen house.  I think that one of the cats must have scared them which caused them to fly on the roof.   I caught one of them and put it in the chicken run.  There were two trying to get down.  Later they also got down.
I was able to grab the chicken that was getting off the corner of the roof.
We gave them a dish of frozen apricots.  The drank the juice in the dish.
I was collecting seeds from this rock daisy.  In the middle of it there was a green praying mantis.
I got a lot of the tiny black seeds.  
Robert suggested that I cover the access to the nest to keep the chickens from pooping in the nesting area.  
I shut the door to the hen house and blocked with a cement block.
The sweet corn is starting to tip over.  I use the bailing twin to keep the corn from blowing over.  The twine was tied up in knots.  I worked on it for over an hour and wrapped it around a board.

It was getting dark, about 9:30, I went out to check on the chickens.  They were not roosting in the hen house.  They weren't in the duck house.  I thought that I heard a chicken chirp.  I looked all over for them.  The top of the garage.  The top of the hen house.  I think that all of them flew up in the trees.  We will find out in the morning.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment