Followers

Saturday, September 17, 2022

Saturday

I was able read the next chapter in the Book of Mormon.  Carol showered this morning and did her hair.  Breakfast was a little later.  I watched the Saturday wood working shows and one on house safety design.  The chickens were nearly out of water and lay pellets.  I filled the watering can with fresh water.

Then I took the nearly empty lay pellet contain to the garage where I filled it nearly to the top with lay pellets.  I put it back into the hen house, There was an egg behind the watering can.

There was a hen in the corner.  I thought that she was laying an egg.  When I came back. she was still there.  I removed her and found three eggs.  That makes a total of four eggs today.  I scrambled two eggs for breakfast.
There were huge mallow weeds growing with the Topaz melons.  Some had runners that were three feet long.  I tried to pull them up, but I couldn't.  I had to dig them up with a shovel.  There was one melon that was partially eaten by a deer.  It looked like it was ripe.  I picked it and took it to the house.  I cut off the eaten part, cleaned out the seeds, and took a taste.  It didn't taste very good.  I gave it to the chickens.  
I picked four old, ears of corn and feed them to the chickens.  They really like them.
I picked quite a few concord grapes.  I don't think that there are enough of them to make grape juice.  I picked off the good ones and filled a mush bowl with them.  I put them in the freezer.  Frozen grapes taste like candy.  I had a bacon, tomato, lettuce sandwich for lunch and a frozen chicken pie for supper.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment