Followers

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Garbage Dump

 I got up a little earlier this morning and read two chapters from the Book of Mormon.   As soon as breakfast was over, we took large garbage bag with the household garbage.

The garbage dump is only a couple of minutes away.  I got the photo and promptly put it in one of the dumpsters.
I walked through the Topaz melon patch and found the ripe melons.  I leaned over and smelled them.  They smelled ripe and had a nice yellow coloring.  I washed them off and took them in the house.    I run a little water in the garden.  
I cut this small tree down yesterday and painted the stump with Killzall.  
I picked these celebrity tomatoes and the yellow crooked neck squash.  Carol fried the squash in olive oil for supper.  They tasted really good.  
I have been cutting the hardy fountain grass.  I found the Monarch butterfly cocoon on a blade of grass.  I put it back into the dahlia garden.
These wild sunflower plants are in full bloom and looking mighty pretty.
I found this pair of lady bugs on the acorn in our oak tree.   I thought it interesting.
I dug these puncture vines before lunch and after lunch.  They were growing west of the dahlia plants.  There are more to dig east of the driveway to dig tomorrow.
Yesterday, I started to cut down all of the hardy pompous grass.  I finished today.  The above photo shows the south end of the dahlia garden.
This is the north end of the dahlia garden.  This is where the Pompos grass used to be.  There should be more room for dahlias next year.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment